Friday, December 12, 2008

Barcelona and My Last Week.

This is the halfway point between the ground and Montjuic.
I just kinda liked this picture.  
The best magic fountain in the world!
Me and my ice cream cone.  My hair is looking wild.  
This is the most beautiful seaport in the world!

What a week.  I am sorry for not updating this in a really long time.  I just came back from Barcelona and I have been studying really hard for my exams.  It's hard to believe that my life is flying by so fast.  I wish that I could just hit the pause button or the slow mo button.  My life is perfect here and I am going to be really sad to leave the people and places that I love.  

Barcelona this past weekend was a really BEAUTIFUL city.  It is a VERY cosmopolitan city with a lot of shopping and neat artsy things to see.  On Friday, it was just me and my friend Clayton because our other travel buddy missed her flight and was forced to fly in on Saturday morning.  Friday night, we had a "summer night" in Barcelona.  Everything that we did was related to summer and we didn't even have to wear our coats.  First, we walked around Las Ramblas and shopped there.  Then, we went to the most beautiful port and visited the marina and took some amazing photos.  To compliment out Italian dinner that we had that night, we went and got some ice cream cones before going to the most beautiful magic fountain show ever.  In front of the palace in Barcelona, they have a massive fountain and on weekends they put on music and lights to make it even more amazing.  

Saturday, we did a day of mountain climbing.  WE climbed all the way to the top of Montjuic and it is one of the most amazing things that I have ever seen in my life.  God's power of creation if summed up on that mountaintop.  Even though I nearly die of allergies on the way up there, it was worth it.  

On Sunday, we had an art day.  We visited all of the Gaudi weorks including Park Guell and La Padrera.  We also visited Maria del Mar Cathedral where I started to cry because for some reason, then and there, I came to the realization that I am leaving SPain in a week.  It's been really hard to deal with and I have cried at least four times already.  For me, this is huge because I am NOT a crier by any means.  

Monday was the day of rest and we flew back to Valla around 2:00 in the afternoon.  It was nice to sleep in my own bed again and not have to shower in the shared hostel shower (ick!).  After my arrival in Valla, I hit the books.  I had my culture final yesterday that was worth 60% of my grade and this morning I had my art history final.

I am living every second to it's fullest.  See you all soon.
Love,
C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O dearie!! Everything sounds so wonderful!!

I know leaving is gonna be hard for you, but everyone at home misses you! (I MISS YOU CAT!)

and its only goodbye for now, not forever :)

--Mal