Hello! Manuel
Antonio and Quepos were absolutely fabulous! Normally, I don’t like the Pacific Beach as much as others
because the water tends to be dark and rough. But, this beach was beautiful. The water was clear with just the right amount of waves and
the sand was clean and didn’t have many rocks. We had a 30-minute hike to get to the beach because it is
located in private park. I took
quite a bit more time on than 30 minutes to get there because there were so
many animals to see on the way there!
Here are just a few of the things that I saw:
* Congo Monkeys
* Squirrel Monkeys
* A large spider that I can’t remember the name of
* Two and three-toed sloths
* Yellow viper – this one was the most interesting because
one strike from this snake will kill a human. This snake is only about a foot long but has one of the most
painful bites
We spent an awesome day on the beach together. I would say that most of the students
loved to spend time relaxing on the sand but there were a few that didn’t. My co-leader hates the beach, so she
didn’t have much fun that day.
Many of the students loved body surfing in the waves and watching all of
the wildlife. A few of my students
had a run in with jellyfish and we had three students get stung. Luckily, it was just a mild jelly and
nothing that a little vinegar couldn’t take care of.
We had to have our guides watch the food and the backpacks
the entire time because there are very large raccoons and white-faced monkeys
that try to steal things. The
guide said that the monkeys are so intelligent that they will take a backpack
and leave a piece of fruit in exchange.
There was one part of the wildlife that I didn’t like though – it was
the large lizards that were all over the beach. They were around 2 feet long each. At first they didn’t bother me but once I started eating
fruit, they swarmed me. One of the
lizards got spooked and tried to look for an escape route. That escape route, unfortunately, was
directly across my legs. It
certainly feels strange to have a giant lizard run across your legs!
Tomorrow is my host family stay!
Love,
C
No comments:
Post a Comment