I am back on the move again and happy to say that I am heading to Costa Rica tonight! I have everything ready to go - an extremely small suitcase packed, an open mind and heart, and both of my cameras charged. This trip will be a little different for me than the other ones...I will have 16 students in my care. It's not an easy task to keep high schoolers 100% engaged and in the target language all of the time. But, if anyone were asked to do it, I am very glad it's me.
So, what else is different? I am two years older, wiser and considerably lower maintenance than I was on my last trip. This time, it didn't even cross my mind to bring a hair dryer. Furthermore, Central America and the political changes that they've experienced in the past 20 years has become more of an interest of mine. Spain will always be my first love, but Central America is an enduring love.
Trip highlights:
*Monteverde
*Arenal Volcano
*Volcanic Hotsprings
*Zip Line - Not for me, since I had my appendix removed on June 3rd :(
*Rainforest Hike
*Manuel Antonio
*San Jose
*Host Family Stay in Ciudad Colon
I hope the next two weeks are absolutely fantastic and I hope that I can learn a lot about the Tico culture.
Prayerfully,
C
No comments:
Post a Comment