We arrived at the capital today at about 1:00 in the afternoon and we were welcomed with hot and humid weather. After passing through customs, a large tour bus came and got all of us and brought us to the hotel. We have two very nice and funny tour guides, so I am really looking forward to what they can share with us. Our hotel is a Country Inn but it's Costa Rica style. It has a large open patio with a pool in the center and the grounds are covered with gardens and flowers.
The city itself reminds me of any other capital city in Central America - loud, busy and a mixture of old and new. It's quite beautiful to see all of the flowers and birds that still dwell among the busy streets. It makes me really excited to see what tomorrow has in store. Tomorrow's agenda includes a trip to the market and a hike around Fortuna Waterfall. We head to Arenal Observatory Lodge as well.
My goal is to stay awake for another hour before going to bed. Considering I have had three hours of sleep since I woke up yesterday morning, I am in rare form.
Love,
C
No comments:
Post a Comment