Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rainy Day in Valladolid

This is me and Guiness. I know that I wrote about him in a previous post and I wanted to show you all what I was talking about.
This is the Valencia team. I just realized that when I was uploading these that I didn´t upload any pictures of Valladolid. They´re basically the same in attractivness and skill, they just wear purple and white jersies.



This is the whole group at the soccer game. Note the AWESOME purple scarves on the right.


It´s been raining pretty much all week and I have had more time to do some homework and study. The courses have been a little more difficult than I anticipated but I also didn´t expect to be learning two hours of grammar five days per week. Needless to say, I have been putting my time in. This week so far has been good. I go to school in the morning, have la comida and take a siesta. After siesta, I usually go to the cafe to hang out with my friends. There´s lots of DANGEROUS shopping to be done in this city. If I had it, I could drop some serious cash. Overall, it´s a really relaxing lifestyle and I love the feel of it. I feel like I am already adjusted to the times and overall attitude of the Spanish population.

This week though, has been a test for most in the group. I am now starting to see who has been adjusting well and who is already over this experience. It´s almost equatable to the culture shock that Filippo went through in the first couple months. Luckily, I feel the best here that I have ever felt and I can´t believe how golden this first week has been!

Now for the more exciting news: I got a job yesterday. I am teaching English to three children on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not only will it give me something to do besides shopping and going out, but it will boost my resume. The fact that I will be earning money is a plus also. Now I can save up to buy the Tous handbag and earrrings of my dreams! : )

It´s just overwhelming to experience blessing after blessing and I hope that everything continues to be as great as it has been so far. That´s all for now.
Love,
C

1 comment:

Sara Poos said...

Love to read about your adventures! I check this blog quite a bit during the day, just in pure jealousy...just kidding! Guiness is adorable! He does look like a girl, though. :) Miss you, Cath!