Friday, October 17, 2008

WooHoo! It´s the Weekend!

Well, I made it through another week of intense grammar courses. I have been studying a lot lately partially because my grammar exam is worth 60% of my final grade in the course. It´s not my favorite but it´s essential.

This week, I also met with my three students. I am really impressed at how intelligent they are and how logical their answers are during our sessions. On Tuesday, I am meeting a man for coffee to speak some more English. Dori set this opportunity up for me and I took it because he will be able to help me with my Spanish also.

As for this weekend, I have lots of plans. Tonight, I am going to the University´s Botellon. It´s where all of the students get together on campus and drink Calamacho (red wine and coke mixture). After that, it´s Telepizza time! It´ll be my first indugence in American food since I got here. Tomorrow´s agenda includes a daytrip to Burgos and then out for my friend´s birthday. As for sunday, I am going to a soccer game with Blake and Lauren. It´s just a Valladolid league game but really fun nonetheless. We can´t afford a 30€ pro soccer game every Sunday anyways (though we´d like to). : )

Other exciting news: my rommate got her visa problems worked out and apparently they are going to let her through.

More exciting news: I bought my Barcelona plane ticket yesterday. I am going there on the 5th of December and will be there for four days with some friends of mine. I also got an email this morning and it looks like I will be able to go to London with one of my sorority sisters! : ) Everything is working out really well even though it took awhile.

I think that´s all for now (at least what I can remember for now).
Hasta,
C

No comments: