Friday, October 31, 2008

Hello Weekend.

This is going to be a relatively short post because nothing too eventful happened in my life this week.  Spain is still GREAT and I have been studying really hard because I have three exams this coming week that are weighted really heavily in my grade points.  Hopefully I will do pretty well. : ) But as for tonight, I am going out with some Spanish friends for tapas and some San Miguel. 

I was watching the news yesterday and I came across something that really bothered me.  There was an attack by the terrorist group ETA at a university in Navarra.  A car bomb exploded mid-morning and injured 21 students.  The regions of Pais Vasco and Navarra are two adjoining regions that house a lot of extremists and members of ETA.  Additionally, it is not the first time that this group attacked a university.  It think it's rather interesting how scared people in America are when terrorism is very real in all parts of the world.  

Hasta Luego.
Love,
C

1 comment:

Sara Poos said...

Cath! It's 72 degrees here at 2:45 p.m. Sophie is here playing with my spawn, and Daisy is finally clean and stitch free! It can't get any better than that! :) I had to call Gramps last night to ask what Gram was talking about as far as Stritch goes. He told me the news. You should have seen the smile on Elise's face. Now, I must say, moving back home would be harder for you since you have younger siblings. I don't, so I never had to leave. :) It'll be fine. A little different, but fine. Tonight is Trick or Treating. I'm taking the usual children out after eating a pumpkin shaped pizza. Your presence will be missed as I take the 4 out around the neighborhood. Have fun with your Spanish friends tonight! Hasta la vista!