The good news is that my ticket is scheduled for December 30th and I will only be in Schengan states for a total of 92 days (they give you a two-week grace period incase you can't get flights). I will not be detained. The bad news is that my roommate is overstaying by 72 days and will get stopped in the airport and fined. To save herself, she would have to leave the program on December 3rd and force an incomplete on her transcript. Please pray for a miracle because this is a VERY serious situation that we are facing. Penalties include: jail time in the exit country, detainment for an unspecified period, 10,000 euro fine, and/or ban from Europe for five consecutive years.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I started my job today and I ADORE the family. The parents are both doctors and their three children are very nice. I am very happy to get to work with them because they said that they will help me with my Spanish. Already, I received a dinner invitation from them.
This weekend, I have another excursion to Burgos. I am going to the city of Mio Cid. For those of you who don't know the story, I recommend reading it.
I also looked at flights for Barcelona because I am going to go there the first weekend in December!
Love,
C
No comments:
Post a Comment